Centuri Construction Group Foreman- Natural Gas Utilities in Yuma, Arizona
Foreman- Natural Gas Utilities Apply now »
Start apply with LinkedIn
Date: Mar 7, 2018
Location: Yuma, AZ, US, 85364
Company: Centuri Construction Group
NPL Construction Co. is a recognized leader in underground and overhead utility and energy distribution construction with a workforce of over 5,000 and operations is more than 20 states. Built on 50 years of experience, NPL’s range of safe, high quality and sustainable construction solutions have earned an industry reputation for excellence in reliable performance and customer satisfaction. We leverage our expertise and capacity for the benefit of our customers and the communities they serve.
NPL is part of Centuri Construction Group, a comprehensive construction services enterprise dedicated to meeting the growing demands of North American utilities, energy and industrial markets. Centuri companies are focused on safely delivering sustainable solutions to our customers, while laying the foundation in the markets we serve for the next 100 years.
The Foreman role is hands-on in the completion of work and provides direction to routine work assignments. The Foreman is accountable to safety, quality and productivity expectations.
Standard Position Tasks
• Plan and manage the job from start to finish, including hands on wherever needed • Coordinate Equipment and Construction Crews • Operating, fitting, laboring when necessary • Train workers in the proper use of equipment, processes, safety and quality • Analyze and resolve work problems • Maintain time records, and all other NPL required paperwork • Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Prerequisite Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of underground utilities and locator markings • Skill to operate equipment in close proximity to workers and underground utilities • Ability to interact with public, supervisors, and coworkers professionally at all times • Ability to think clearly no matter the stress or difficulty of your circumstances. • Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence • Comprehend and communicate specific directions in English to ensure the safety of all • Desire to learn and commit to working safely
Education and Experience
• 2 years of experience in relevant natural gas construction trade(s) such as fitter, operator, lineman, or welder and OSHA Competent Person Certified • In-state commercial driver’s license • Good ability and knowledge in operation and maintenance of NPL construction equipment • Ability to operate a backhoe or mini excavator
Physical and Environmental Demands
• Tolerate work in the extremes of weather without complaining is essential • Distinguish safety colors with 20/20 eyesight using corrective lenses if necessary • Speak and hear worksite safety instructions • Withstand prolonged and repeated: lifting (including overhead, up to 50lbs); standing; climbing; kneeling; reaching and feeling; crouching and crawling • Work with a heightened awareness within the “red zone” of heavy equipment • Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice • Stand for long periods (up to 14 hours at a time) • Quick and accurate hand-eye coordination to work safely
Post Hire Requirements
• Maintain OSHA certifications • Maintain satisfactory safety record • Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards • Pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens • Provide US work authorization documents • In-state driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations and no DUIs within a two year rolling period • Satisfactory Criminal History Check • Hold/obtain and maintain DOT medical card • Pass all qualification tests • Provide own work boots and prescription safety glasses (as needed) • Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice • Join and Maintain Union Membership
Provided Training and Benefits
• Professional development training • Employee Assistance program benefit • Health Insurance Plan benefit • Retirement Plan benefit
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Nearest Major Market: Yuma
Apply now »
Start apply with LinkedIn